Saturday, April 30, 2016

Handmade Kultur Sewing Contest

The Handmade Kultur magazine was holding a sewing contest.  You had to either sew their apron or dress pattern and the winner would win a sewing machine!  I decided to give the dress pattern a try.
First I had to find the material I wanted to use. : ) I found this great cotton jersey material called Sewing! vintage rose von Swafing at this Website: Das hüpfende komma


Then I cut out the material based on the sewing pattern.


And sewed the dress.



However, I found the dress to be a little boring.  Therefore, I cut it in half. ; )

Then I added a black jersey band at the waist, elastic black band around the edges, changed the 3/4 sleeves to shoulder straps and added some nice buttons to the shoulder straps.  Then I liked the dress even more!


Now I am finished and will upload this picture to the Handmade Kulture website to be entered into the sewing contest.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!!  ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment